Written By: Drew Johnson (@RealNews102)
College Camp Season is back and QB House Trainer BJ Hall will hit the road once again for his annual Bus Tour featuring various colleges. College camps provide student-athletes the opportunity to perform in front of many scouts and recruiters who will evaluate their games for a potential scholarship offer or spark relationships for future openings. This time period has become essential for athletes to be critiqued by experienced coaches and to push themselves around their competition. National Platform Scout Drew Johnson will be attending the tour to provide daily coverage on notable standouts and important takeaways (offers, etc.). Let’s get into Part I of some of the interesting prospects that will be attending the tour.
Joel Morris | QB | Class of 2026 | Lake Gibson | @1_Joel_Morris
- One of the more talented and developed QBs in a heavily stacked 2026 class. Watched him dominate the camp season a year ago.
- Will be the leader behind center for the Lake Gibson Braves this season with plenty of surrounding talent to make a push for the finals. Will see a large uptick in offers with success on the field.
- Good arm strength. Uses his legs when needed. Understands the position, always training mechanics.
Offers: Ole Miss & UAB
Rogers Jones | DB | Class of 2025 | Zephyrhills Christian Academy | @rodgersjones_4
- Rogers is long and athletic with a chance to be a utility piece in the middle of the field for a Power 5 school.
- Has good agility, quickness, and toughness to excel at the position.
- “He can jump out of the gym and high points the ball as well as any player in the state.” Excited to see how he performs around competition.
Offers: Ole Miss, Bethune Cookman, West Liberty
Myles McDonald | QB | Class of 2027 | Newsome | @813_mcdonald
- McDonald has all the tools to make a case for one of the top QBs in the Class of 2027.
- The natural lefty zips the ball around with a strong lower base and good footwork mechanics.
- Has plenty of time to grow and master the position. McDonald has had an impressive off-season and will look to take that momentum into the camp season.
Christian Bailey | DB | Class of 2024 | Zephyrhills Christian Academy | @CCHLONE
- Will be my first time getting eyes on Bailey to evaluate his game. From watching the film, it’s clear that Bailey is a deep ball threat on the outside with a crazy catch radius.
- Excited to watch Bailey perform around other talented receivers to see where he stands.
- Has decent speed with good hand-eye coordination to track down deep balls.
Alex Cruz | RB | Class of 2024 | Sunlake | @LestatSports
- Cruz is a speed demon of an athlete that broke 4 school track records on his way to place in regionals.
- Good agility and cut moves in the open field and can turn on the afterburners in space.
- Want to see how Cruz catches out of the backfield and looks going through camp drills to better evaluate his game.
Blake Johnson | QB | Class of 2025 | Victory Christian |
- Haven’t watched Johnson spin it but Coach BJ Hall has been high on his gleaming potential.
- Had a decent spring game showing where he showed off his arm strength and ability to roll out and hit his targets.
- Good composure and footwork and also can use his feet if flustered in the pocket.
Jeremy Thomas | QB | Class of 2024 | Largo | @Jeremy_T10
- Thomas is an intriguing senior QB product that I haven’t had eyes on just yet. Coach BJ wants me to keep an eye on his performance.
- Finished with decent numbers last season. 15 passing and 8 rushing touchdowns. Let’s see how he spins it under pressure with scouts and college coaches watching.
- Intelligent athlete with decent arm strength and ball placement. Also can be a mobile threat for opposing defenses.
Hudl: Jeremy Thomas – Hudl
Kendall Johnson | WR | Class of 2024 | Tampa Tech | @KxndallJxhnson
- Johnson doesn’t have much film to evaluate but from what I saw he has soft hands and good speed to gain YAC.
- Handled the majority of the kicking duties for Tampa Bay Tech last season. Excelled in all phases: PAT, Kick-off, Punting.
- We’ll see if Johnson is a true WR threat on Day One of the College Bus Tour.
Keep Eyes On:
Parker Stirnkorb | QB | Class of 2024 | Zephyrhills Christian | @Parkerstirnkob
Elijah Brown | QB | Class of 2024 | Zephyrhills Christian | @elijahbrownqb
Ayden Wallace | QB | Class of 2026 | Fivay | @aydendwall16
Aiden George | QB | Class of 2024 | Davenport | @Aidenjgeo
Hudl: Aiden George – Hudl
Jalin Gray | DB | Class of 2025 | Lake Gibson | @jalingray
Jaden Gray | DB | Class of 2025 | Lake Gibson | @GrayJaden_